Monday, August 14, 2006

Don't Mess with Me

Nell is patiently waiting to be the only child again. I've decided after Patches gets adopted out, I will hold off on rescuing until Nell feels confident that she can once again share her house with foster guests.

We had a really bad dog fight break out (Nell vs. Patches) last week, and although Patches started the fight, Nell finished it with putting her canine teeth marks on Patches ears, stomach, neck, and paws. Patches ended up with two staples in her leg. Nell wasn't kidding around. Nell has been walking on egg shells since and I feel I need to build back her confidence. I'm planning to take her to Ralley-O classes and working on obedience tricks more at home. Hopefully, by end of fall, she'll be ready. I will not be taking in any more dominant females. I know my limit. Also learned Nell's tolerance. It's ZERO when it comes to dominant bitches. As my BF would say... "Two bitches... what did I do to deserve this???" hahahah Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Nell! Hopefully, she'll be back to ready soon! All the work you do rescuing is really important!

4:40 PM  
Blogger AP said...

I'm afraid of other dogs and want to bite them, too. My mommies have tried to make me feel comfortable around other dogs, but I still don't. But your mommy is trying to help dogs like us, so I hope you're able to get over your fear soon.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nell, you need to retire your boxing gloves.
XOXO

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home